Cheeseballs & Springs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Singulars

3 posters

Go down

The Singulars Empty The Singulars

Post by Ob Thundersnot Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 am

The Singulars is the name of the religious movement in Archen that claims there is only one true god, not many gods, as the general population of Archen believe to varying degrees. The Singulars were formed roughly 120 years ago by Jonnes Blank, a former priest of Tyr. Jonnes was hiking in the rural Scharfwald Mountains when he found a large temple on a remote mountaintop. In it, were stone manuscripts, tablets and wall carvings - all dedicated to an unknown and unnamed god who created the universe, according to all of the writings in this temple. The manuscripts and tablets gave instructions on how to lead your life correctly, in order to be delivered into the afterlife.

Word spread slowly of this discovery and so, the Singulars did not have any actual book of these instructions printed up until 5 years after Jonnes' discovery. Once that went to print, word spread more quickly. Still, most viewed them as people from remote parts of Archen. They also gained the nickname "Mountain hoppers" at this early stage of existance. The Singulars did not gain national attention until Jonnes named his successor as head priest of the Singulars. His choice was a former military commander who had won great fame in the Colony Wars. 80 years later, everyone in Archen is at least vaguely aware of them.

One of the instructions that the Singulars are given (derived directly from the tablets) is to find clues to additional instructions and "clues to the universe" that are scattered throughout the world. Each year, any Singular that found a potential clue or instruction brings it before the council of elders. If it is determined to be a true clue or instruction, it is added to the Singular tome of instruction. If it is determined to be false, it is cast aside. Currently less than 5% of Archenians claim to be Singulars.
Ob Thundersnot
Ob Thundersnot

Back to top Go down

The Singulars Empty Re: The Singulars

Post by Spike Matthews Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:58 am

I'm liking this a lot.
A little conflict of faith always heats things up. Give me a while to think on it and I'll have a look at the beliefs of the country folk - since Ralkin associates with them frequently, that would make sense.
Spike Matthews
Spike Matthews

http://spikeyboy1969.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mnesomeye Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Interesting. I especially like the part about them having to find clues~
mnesomeye
mnesomeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content