Cheeseballs & Springs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, where do we start???

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

So, where do we start??? - Page 4 Empty Re: So, where do we start???

Post by Ob Thundersnot Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 am

The addition of M'baré really makes this group very diverse, in more than one way. I find it interesting that she'll be the tallest of the group. I also see she is another staff wielder, like Ralkin.
Ob Thundersnot
Ob Thundersnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Matthews Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:30 pm

The staff is coincidental. There is no link to Ralkin... that way.... maybe....lol
Spike Matthews
Spike Matthews

http://spikeyboy1969.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mnesomeye Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Mali's studying right now, so he won't be around for a few weeks. I posted something by the way. Very Happy

*ish proud*
mnesomeye
mnesomeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ob Thundersnot Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Ok...Zaranda's latest is up. Two things to note:

I linked the first appearance of Zaranda's name back to her profile. Thought it might be a good thing to do with people, places and maybe some key things as well. Of course, this means that we have pages for everything we want to link to. I'm going to make one for the Singulars so we have some history of what that is all about.

Second thing...or perhaps lack of it. While I was going through the thought process on the latest Zaranda piece, I kept getting caught up on what to call the thief-takers. Yes, I know the obvious choice is thief-takers, but do they really refer to themselves as thief-takers? "the group" or "the guys" were ideas that I had for how Zaranda thought of them, but eventually settled on "Jarvis and the rest". Not liking that very much either, I limited it to just one use. So...putting ourselves in their shoes...let's say they have a new client..what would the thief-takers refer to themselves as....
whoever is speaking would merely say "me and my associates"? keeping things as generic as possible? Do they come up with a new name for each case? I'm really not for naming the thief-takers as something definite, but yet it might be best to work this out. Or perhaps this is just my little hang-up and I'm the only one worrying about this. confused
Ob Thundersnot
Ob Thundersnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Matthews Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:50 am

Is there any need for a name right now?
As such, the group hasn't even met completely for the first time. Also, they're meeting because they have something in common and have essentially drifted together, having found those common points.
For them, a group name isn't likely to be high on their 'to-do' list.

Looking at it another way, a group name would indicate that they need to be recognised by folk outside the group (like the A-Team). Since our lot are more sneaky and they have their own ideas without needing to satisfy those of others, they don't really need to advertise themselves (just yet, anyway).

Having said that, there is nothing stopping other people ascribing a name to them. For some people, they are going to be a positive thing, while others will most definitely see them as rather more than an annoyance. There are common terms that will be used ('insurgents', 'rebels' etc) but the group will be fine themselves with referring to the rest of their group as 'the others'

Heh - maybe they'll end up with that group name in the end...
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome.... THE OTHERS!
Spike Matthews
Spike Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post by mnesomeye Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:25 pm

*smile* You guys are really serious about making this story as brilliant as possible - that's so cool. ^_^ I thought that the actual name of the group was The Thief Takers, though! *scratches head* Like - 'The Thief Takers' was a name that got passed around in whispers inside homes, or taverns, or basically places where the law wasn't entirely present. You'd need to know someone who knew someone who'd had an encounter with them before.

Sort of like a cult fashion label. Very Happy
*shot*

(I'm turning into such a girl lately! I need to stop reading Vogue, dammit! xD I remember when I used to turn my nose up at such things! *laughs* Ahhhh, for shame. Especially because I haven't even got a job T_T )
mnesomeye
mnesomeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ob Thundersnot Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:24 am

Mnes...I originally thought as you did. That their name was The Thief Takers, who they were was unknown and were unapproachable, etc. Then, I started thinking, would they call themselves that? Kinda like a burglar announcing he was a burglar (or is he an encyclopedia salesman? I dunno...lol) Regarding Vogue...I'm not certain, but you might be ok if you don't take anything you read in there seriously.

Spike...The Others, eh? One of the few TV shows I watch with any regularity is Lost. Referring to this group as the Others will always remind me of Lost. Not a bad thing at all...one of the most brilliantly written TV shows I've encountered. Agreed that a name is not a high priority and perhaps not a necessity.

It will be interesting on how these folks are connected. We know for certain Jarvis is Savv's guardian...sorta. Not sure how that happened yet. Jarvis knows Aran, Ralkin and Zaranda, but we're not sure who knows each other except that Jarvis may be the only one who knows Ralkin. M'baré is a complete unknown. I wonder who knows her, if anyone.

Last edited by Ob Thundersnot on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a chopped word)
Ob Thundersnot
Ob Thundersnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Matthews Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:57 am

You're right - nobody knows M'baré yet. I plan to introduce her in a fairly spectacular fashion...

...some way down the line.... lol
Spike Matthews
Spike Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post by mnesomeye Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

*gasp* Spikey! You said lol! Surprised
mnesomeye
mnesomeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Maledicus Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 am

I think I'm one of the few persons who've ever seen him say "shit" online...and I still have the PMail to prove it! Very Happy
Maledicus
Maledicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Matthews Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Much as I appreciate your high praise,
I know a few extra words, this is very true,
And tempted as I am on a number of days,
I know they don't have to come from the loo.

Thankyewverymuch.
Spike Matthews
Spike Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post by Ob Thundersnot Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Very good, Spike, very good.

Welcome all of ya to poetry corner. Who's up next? It's open mic nite, so anyone can walk up an recite any of their own work...
Ob Thundersnot
Ob Thundersnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum